My absolute favourite afternoon tea treat is freshly baked banana bread. Nothing beats the taste of a warm, banana infused bread with melted raisins and kick of cinnamon! As well as the fact that it is homemade makes it taste a hundred times better!
Like all of my recipes, I strive to create healthier versions of conventional treats. Therefore, you won’t feel an ounce of guilt when consuming the delicious loaf! Not only is this recipe healthy, it is also vegan thus being more ethical for our planet. The banana bread contains no sugar, gluten and dairy! However, it still tastes sweet, wholesome and will definitely melt in your mouth! Another goal I always aim to achieve when creating these recipes is to make if affordable and to require few ingredients that are accessible at most supermarkets. Once you have tasted this recipe, you will never want to try any other banana bread again!
Preparation: 15 minutes Baking: 30-40 minutes Serves: 10
Oat flour (2 cups), bananas (3), small dates (10), raisins (1/3 cup), apple sauce (3-4 T) – cook 1 large apple (which has been chopped into small pieces) in a cup of water on medium heat until soft. Puree the soft apples until they reach a smooth consistency, chia egg (1T) – mix 1T of chia seeds with 2T of water then leave it in the fridge until all the water is absorbed, honey/agave nectar/maple syrup (1T), cinnamon (1T), a sprinkle of nutmeg and ginger (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a medium loaf tin with coconut oil.
- Mix the oat flour, raisins and spices in a large bowl.
- Mash the bananas with the back of a fork and place into a another large bowl.
- Place the dates in cup of water for 5-10 minutes until soft. Then mash the softened with the back of a fork and mix them into the banana mixture.
- Mix the chia egg, apple sauce and honey/agave nectar/maple syrup into the banana mixture.
- Fold the wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients (flour mixture) until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and place it in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove the banana bread from the oven and allow it to cool before serving.
- Serve your delicious banana bread with fresh strawberry jam or any nut butter (optional).